The English language is one of the most demanded and compulsory international languages around the world. The English language has made its place among the people of all countries with deep roots of evolution with time. If we see someone speaking in this language, we consider brilliant, intelligent, wise, and many other qualities in them.
Speaking and writing the English language is known as a great skill as it may seem common and compulsory, but it’s difficult and time-taking for the person who wants to be fluent and experienced in both skills.
Importance of English Language
We call English a language of science, computers, diplomacy, and tourism. It defines our general knowledge and essential studies in an understanding and easy way. If you are fluent in the English language, you can have good chances of getting a nice job in a multinational company even from your home or a proper hiring job. You can also apply for an international-based job while practicing fluent English skills.
English connects us through international communication, media, and the internet as well. It’s called the language of the internet as most people prefer communicating and learning online through the English language. If your mother language is not English and you wish to apply or learn for the English language based job, you may have to look out for some courses or certificates to get yourself better in it.
In which other aspects, English language works and is prioritized? Let’s look at some points:
- English is the language of business and communication
- English is called The Language of International Communication.
- You can get easy access to the world of entertainment with fluent English speaking skills.
- Learning the English language allows you to have more access to internet communication.
- Learning English helps communicate with international people whenever you meet them.
- If you make the English language a part of your life from childhood, you will never have a problem understanding and learning it in your future.
- Studying extra courses related to the English language also boosts language proficiency and reading writing skills.
Why the English language?
We demonstrated some brief facts about English in our above details that how much English language helps us in our daily lives. If it becomes a part of an individual’s life and routine, one will never have to face any language-related issues in coming future.
English is not just a language; it’s a communication between the world and its people. It binds us together, no matter where we use it. Every professional and personal goal can be achieved with the English language. It doesn’t matter when and where your start, all you need is strong motivation and determination to work on it and give it time so that you can see some positive results.
The best way to get experienced in the English language is to start early and small. It doesn’t need to quick and speedy if you start late, or you will just end up burdening yourself. English takes time learning in different aspects as writing and reading skills take time in getting into the learner’s head. Bring English into your life as soon as possible as it brings multiple benefits for you in every turn of life.
Working on English writing skills
When it comes to discussing skills in the English language, writing skills are considered difficult in comparison to other learning skills. People who are used to applying the English language in their life from the beginning do not find many issues with writing skills. Still, it needs lots of practice in different sections of writing patterns with every stage of an educational or personal level.
Why do we need to get better in English writing skills? Well, it has very clear answers that almost everyone is aware of in the present day. English writing skills help us academically, personally, and professionally when we are going through the growing phase.
A child with a strong base in the English language will never have a problem leaning this language in school times. The same child goes to college and learns a much difficult English curriculum, yet it’s still easy for him to understand and apply.
The child moves on to his professional career studies, and he will keep adapting and learning new language traits and will never feel burdened. Why? It’s because the English language will be a part of his life from the very beginning that will allow him to be fluent in writing and other skills confidently.
How to work on English writing skills?
If you find the English language difficult and hard to understand, it’s because your basics and grasp on the language are not strong enough. Your fear takes over before you start learning the language and let it bother you until you leave the book aside, thinking you can’t do it. The first and most important step towards learning English writing skills is to believe you CAN DO IT! It doesn’t matter when and where you start, all you need to do it start it no matter what it takes and gives it time to adjust in your mind.
It may seem hard in the beginning, and you may make lots of mistakes, but they will only help you to understand where to correct yourself.
After a long and detailed description of the importance of the English language, we are going to give some tips to those who are struggling to get better in English language writing skills.
Here are ten Activities to Improve Writing Skills in English
- READ: The first step towards learning English writing skills professionally is to read a lot. No matter where you are, what you are studying, and where you are doing it, all you need to do it to find something to read. You can carry a small book with you in your purse or handbag and read while waiting somewhere or someplace quiet where you wish to rest. Lookout for informative signs and details around you and read everything.
- START EARLY: Try to develop a habit of reading and writing from your childhood. Kids love story, and informative books on imaginative or random things around them, and parents who bring their interest in reading and writing from the start do great for their kid’s future language learning. Let them buy books with their interest and ask them to write whatever they learn. Consult you for correction and learn from them.
- KEEP A DICTIONARY: Keeping a dictionary alongside or inside your bag helps understand words you read occasionally. Just pop out the book whenever you read something new and jot it down in your notebook.
- WORK ON YOUR GRAMMAR: Several grammar boosting books are available around book stores to help brush up your grammar. It’s not crucial to study it separately because you won’t be able to understand it like that. Learn how to use it among your language work as it will help better than learning separately. Buy books related to English translation with grammar.
- VOCABULARY CHECK: Keeping dictionaries also help to learn more vocabulary and spelling check. Whenever you write or learn something, surf through your dictionary to learn its spellings and meanings through the dictionary.
- KEEP A NOTEBOOK: Write everything down in a mini diary and keep a check of what you learned while away from your study books. Read, learn, and write more details about what you learned. It helps in sentence building and vocabulary learning.
- LEARN HOW TO WRITE LONG: Start from small and easy sentences and start adding up more adjectives, nouns, and verbs into your sentences. Always go for more options in your sentences to learn more synonyms and antonyms.
- WORK ON PARAGRAPHING: Try writing short stories or mini-essays on specific topics that interest you. You can pick any topic of your choice and write reviews, the information you have, or general opinion on it to understand your writing skill level.
- WRITE OUTLINES: Write down small outlines based on the information you learn or receive. You can write down situations and plans n mini outlines n your mini notebook to keep yourself well-planned throughout the day.
- GET CHECKED: Let someone read your work when you write something down. If you have a friend or colleague who is good with writing skills, you can get some help from them by letting them read what you wrote. It will help you understand your mistakes and what else you can write.
To know more, click here.